Wednesday 13 March 2013

First ever WIWT post!

Stoked at the fact I'm finally doing this post! ^^


I have wanted to do a What I Wore Today post for so long! Basically ever since I first started blogging, but I could never get up the courage to do one. I by no means consider myself "trendy" or "fashionable" but I do LOVE clothes, and as my style is evolving, I would love to document that on my blog. You can thank Erica for persuading me to finally do this, whether she knows it or not, as she proved to me that you don't have to be a model to write a post about clothes, all you need is confidence.

When I was younger, I was a total tomboy as far as clothes are concerned. It was boardies and a t-shirt all the way for me! I liked playing with dolls and what-not, but I had absolutely no interest in clothes or hair or makeup or any of that jazz. That all didn't come until high school for me, and my sister often jokes that it's a wonder I ever learnt how to dress myself properly.

These days, however, you can usually find me in something vintage, lacy and feminine. I am struggling at the moment to find the balance between dressing feminine and floaty and dressing to be taken seriously, which I feel is important in an academic setting such as university, but I think with this outfit, I've done alright.

Most the outfits you will see me wearing on the blog will have some second hand, vintage or handmade element to them, as that is what my style (and budget) is all about at the moment, and it's also what Little Foal is all about for me as a blog. Hopefully I can give you a good idea of how to dress as cheaply as possible, if nothing else!

So, the outfit:

Top: Fashion Fair hand-me-down
Skirt: Ice
Shoes: K-mart
Jewellery: All gifted

Mum turned up with an armload of hand-me-downs from my aunty and a lady at work the other day which absolutely had me jumping for joy! I have a non-official ban on clothes shopping happening at the moment until I have bought a few things for the house that I am in desperate need of, so hand-me-downs are incredibly welcome from me right now! The top is hideous left out, with a big long tail thingy trailing down one side of your body, but I think it does quite alright tucked into this skirt! I felt really good in this outfit all day today, even though it's nothing special and it was the perfect way to mix my love of lace with a slightly more sophisticated look for uni.

What do you think? Have I done alright with my first outfit post? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment