Tuesday 14 May 2013

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Hi guys, are you missing me? This is just a quick post from my phone to explain my absence. It's so weird, I feel like a guilty Mumma who has neglected her child but right now my absence from the blog can't really be helped.

It wasn't a conscious decision to take a break from blogging, things just happened. I knew I had two full weekends ahead of me, with actual plans for social interaction last weekend and a trip home to see the family this weekend just gone. I also knew I had two assignments due which were going to be squeezing a lot of my time. What I didn't count on, however, was just how much time these assignments would squeeze out of me. Or that I would be hit by a terrifying bout of fatigue in the midst of these deadlines. Or that when I came home to see my family, my car would break down and I'd end up stuck here with no computer. So there you go - that's why I have been off the blogging grid for over a week now. I'm so sorry for leaving you all in the lurch and I'm actually having blogging withdrawals lately which is a sure sign that I need to get back to it.

Unfortunately, I have another two essays and two exams ahead of me before the uni semester is over, as well as a seriously messy house to contend with when I finally make it home. This is why, even though I am thinking I might be able to get home tomorrow, I don't want you all banking on it and you might have to go easy on me on the blogging front for a few more weeks. It seems I'm not one for organisation or time management, and unfortunately it's my blog and not my Uni work which must suffer from my incompetence.

Anyway, I hope you are all well - I have some serious blog reading to catch up on when I get home. I'm guessing the unread blog posts will be somewhere up around the 500 mark by now. That's a lot of reading that I have to do! I promise I'll try not to skip over too many posts ;)

I also promise that I will work on a few posts of my own to get myself back in the swing of things. Maybe a string of guest posts are in order to fill my silence through this busy time? Who knows for now. I'm just holding out hope that this fatigue will clear itself out quick smart before it turns into a full-on flare up. Being constantly aching and tired will not help me get back up on the horse, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment